Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ma'a Salama Amman


I'm leaving Amman today.  I will meet up with my family in London (they left a couple of days ago). My time here in Jordan has gone so fast, and although I am eager to see family and friends at home in America, I am sad to say goodbye to all my new friends in Jordan.


My family and I are fortunate to have had the opportunity to come to Jordan.  I am extremely grateful to the ABA for giving me this opportunity and to Texas Wesleyan for providing me with the sabbatical that made this and my time in Germany possible. I greatly enjoyed my work in Jordan and got to visit fascinating places, but the highlight was, undoubtedly, the people I met.  The people I worked with, the professors and students at the universities that I visited, and the people I met living and traveling in Jordan were awesome and they made my time in Jordan a personally and professionally rewarding experience that I will always remember.


I hope to continue to write about my observations and experiences in Jordan because there is so much more to say about this amazing country and the wonderful people who live there.   And, while I say "ma'a salama Amman" today, I hope I will have an opportunity to return to Jordan in the future, insha'Allah.

2 comments:

  1. I hope so, as well. you have opened a window for my eyes, thru your blog. thank you. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip back - hope the ashes won't disturbe your Europe trip! Hope u'll continue blogging - also about your life back home?!

    ReplyDelete